Thursday, May 3, 2012

A Mother's Prayer

So my biggest fear in becoming a mom of three was the balance.  I feel like I have done a pretty good job with our boys and them knowing how much I love them but how can I love three?  What if they all need me at the same time?  Well it just works...or at least now it does.  Your heart grows bigger and your arms grow longer.  I feel so blessed to be a mom to three beautiful children.  Words will never describe what I feel everyday when I wake up and think I am a mom.  The word mom means so much to me and entails so many emotions.  When I was pregnant with Hunter a mom gave me a poem about raising more than one.  It was perfect.  I went searching today for another perfect poem to capture the emotions and feelings I have now and found one that I think is perfect...

A Mother's Prayer
Author Unknown

Dear Lord, it's such a hectic day,
With little time to stop and pray,
For life's been anything but calm,
Since you called on me to be a mom.

Running errands, matching socks,
Building dreams with building blocks.
Cooking, cleaning, finding shoes,
And other stuff that children lose.

Fitting lids on bottled bugs,
Wiping tears and giving hugs.
A stack of last weeks mail to read,
So where's the quiet time I need?

Yet when I steal a minute Lord,
Just at the sink or ironing board,
To ask the blessings of your grace,
I see then in my small one's face,

That you have blessed me all the while,
As I stop to kiss that precious smile.

1 comment:

Tonya said...

LOVE this! I'm going to have to steal this!!