Friday, October 17, 2008

Cleaning out Austin's cubby...

Last night I cried myself to sleep because of today.  It was Austin's last day at his school.  We decided that we should get them a card and make them some brownies so last night I baked three batches of brownies and did my best to put into words how grateful I am for how wonderful and how much I loved his teachers.  David was trying his best to make me feel better but I was just so upset.  I decided that I the reason I think people get upset especially when they have to say good-bye is that when you "connect" with someone a piece of you gets attached to them and so when you have to say good-bye a piece of you is staying behind and it hurts.  I was fine driving to his school but when I had to give his teachers there gifts I started to cry.  As I was driving to work I was crying more today than the first day I dropped him off.  When I picked him up today I knew it was going to be hard because it was going to be the last day that I would walk through the doors of his school.  I wanted to take of picture of him with his favorite teacher Rosanna before we left so that I could put his first school in his scrapbook.  When she came to the room to take the picture with him she started to cry which made me start crying...again.  We were both very sad.  It is sad because he has really come to know who his teachers are and he really loves being where he is.  Where we are going is going to be wonderful I hear but it is going to be hard because we LOVED the Kangaroo Forest.  We even got his first school art project today when we left which of course we are going to hand on the fridge.  Being a mom is wonderful but hard emotionally.  I don't think I was prepared for the strong attachments and things you worry about as a parent.  It was hard finding a place you trust will love and care for you little one and they truly loved Austin.  I think that is why it was so hard leaving.  Austin is like the kid that every teacher wants in their class.  He truly is a GREAT baby which is why I know he will be fine going somewhere new it will just be hard on momma.  

No comments: