Thursday, May 5, 2011

2 Boys+Painting= A Memory!

So since Austin was little every year around Mother's day I have had him paint a "picture" on a canvas. I wanted to have a painting for every year so we will see how long I can get them to do it. Tonight I'm not sure if I was feeling brave or crazy. I guess I was thinking painting would go like it always does...WRONG! Haha! I'm laughing now but it was not pretty. I'll let the pictures tell the story...

It started off like it always does. "Yay! We get to paint!"
First touches of paint to the canvas. (My thoughts- this is going great. Just like it always does.)
Now the paint has reached another canvas...the body! (My thoughts- this is going great. Just like it always does. Haha! Hence the reason I know we need to paint without our clothes.)
Austin has figured out how to open the paint and add it to his plate. (My thoughts- this is going bad. This has never happened! I'm working with Hunter on his mother's day project that Austin had already made with me.)
Break to take Austin to bathtub because I know that if I continue to get mad at him he will run around the house and "hide" and our house will become the canvas. Afterwards came back and took pictures of the aftermath.

The table with the paint over flow that Austin put his hand (after the trip to the bathtub) while I am in the process of scrubbing the walls and the floors to hide the evidence from David. At this point I started crying. Haha!
The kitchen island wall with splatters of paint...
The kitchen wall behind the table with splatters of paint...
The kitchen chairs with splatters of paint...
The floor (in the entire kitchen) was covered with splatters of paint...
Break to clean up the evidence. I started telling Austin that he and I were both going to go to time-out and get spankings when daddy got home. I quickly make the boys dinner and start working very quickly to try and get it all done. David calls to tell me he's headed home. I wasn't talking much so he knew something was wrong. I said it's hasn't been a good afternoon. Haha! I explained what happened from me trying to get mother's day gifts made, Austin painting his yearly picture, Austin learning how to open the paint, bathing him, and then crying. He comes in the door I'm kneeling on the kitchen floor still cleaning (I've been cleaning for about 45 minutes at this point). He tells me to go sit on the couch. Haha! Gotta love him for that. I of course said no but he insisted so I finished and sat at the kitchen table and helped Hunter finish his dinner. Afterwards we let Hunter finish his painting. He loved it!

Hey Mom what's this for?
Oh I know Mom! I saw what Austin did!
This is fun! Look what I made.
Hunter kept trying to eat the paint...lovely!
Maybe that's what's wrong with my children? Haha!
I have great balance Mom! Plus I want my hair to have a new color.
Who wants a hug?
Yay Mom! When can we do it again?
I love to paint!

2 comments:

Tonya said...

That's great! I would have been crying too with all that mess...lol. Maybe next year do this project outside so you can just hose them down ;) I bet the boys had a blast!!

Shauna Lynn said...

Wow! You're a good mom! I bet they had so much fun... and the pictures are worth it all.