Monday, April 16, 2012

Dear Hunter




Dear Hunter,
It is hard to believe you are two years old already. You have taught me so much but I think most importantly how to love when you aren't sure you can love any more. I was scared as a mom I wouldn't have enough love to go around for both my babies but you taught me that the love you think you have grows more and more.

There are some things that haven't changed since you were born. For instance, you love to eat! This started in the hospital, lasted the nine months you woke up during the night for a "snack", and continues with you eating your plate of food and finishing your big brothers.

One of the things I love the most about you is the love you have of your blankets. Every morning you wake up you have to pick up and carry with you every blanket in your bed. This results in you walking with wide steps and very slowly as you don't want to step on the blankets dragging between your legs. It's so cute and every morning you do it I think to myself, "I hope you do this forever! It makes you my baby."

You are in so many ways like your brother and I love seeing those moments because it helps me remember when Austin was little but I also enjoy watching you becoming your own person.

Hunter Ryan Colschen you are my second baby boy and I thank you for all the lessons you've taught me and continue to teach me. I will never be able to thank you enough for teaching me that love is something that just doesn't fit into a "box" but is rather something that is never contained and something that can be shared, grown, and multiplied beyond anything you can dream or imagine. I love you!!!

Love, Mommy


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: