Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A Baby's Laugh


Sunday late afternoon Austin had his first real laugh and it was the cutest thing I have ever seen or heard.  We were outside watching dad water the yard and I was having Austin stand on the back of David's truck.  He was wearing a little white t-shirt and I rubbed my head on his stomach and he started laughing.  I quickly yelled at David to come over because he was laughing and he ran inside to get the camera to take a video of it.  I have heard and seen baby's laugh before and always thought it was one of the sweetest sounds but when it is your own it just is amazing.  I have to say that being a mom has been better then anything I could have imagined.  I always wanted to be a mom and grew up loving kids but Austin has just turned my world into complete happiness.  I have been blessed to be able to spend everyday with him since he was born and keep thinking about when I have to go back to work and every time I think about it I get sad.  I don't know what that day is going to be like when I drop him off with someone else.  I don't want to miss anything.  I am so glad that his first laugh was with his mom and dad.  I pray that all of his first will be that way.  It is amazing to witness your child growing and changing everyday and learning about their world.  I feel so blessed being Austin's mom!  

No comments: