Monday, July 7, 2008

Happy 4th of July!

For the 4th of July David, Austin, and I headed out to Lake Conroe.  Before Austin was born, David and I attended birthing classes which taught us a lot about what to expect when labor begins and what happens afterwards.  We had the class every Thursday night for 5 weeks and it was sort of fun because it was like a little date night for us every week.  We would always go to dinner somewhere before class and then go to class and learn about breathing and all kinds of things.  Anyways...we meet two wonderful couples in the class who we became friends with who also had little boys, Jackson and Chance.  We got invited by Chance's parents, Shaun and Kasi, to go out to their parents lake house and we had a complete blast.  Austin was super!  He was able to stick to his schedule and still go to bed before 7 so that mom could kick back and relax!  It was a great weekend for me because I was able to be a mom all day and in the evening be a "normal" person.  David was a great dad while we were there like he always is, but I know when boys get around "the boys" that sometimes they forget how they are at home.  David did not.  He would still get out of the pool and come and visit Austin and I on the porch or wherever we were to make sure we were okay.  I have to say that going to lake with my two favorite men in the world (David and Austin) made me realize how truly blessed I am.  Our next lake trip will be with some other friends of ours in late July who have a baby coming in October.  

No comments: