Friday, August 22, 2008

Our Evenings with Austin


We have started a new routine where we eat our cereal after our evening nap at about 7:45 and then wash it down with some juice water. Austin has been eating from a spoon for about a week now and he is doing so good.  It is amazing how fast babies learn from just watching people and soaking up the things in their world.  I mean Austin obviously has never eaten from a spoon in his life but he acts as if he has been doing it since day one.  It is funny because when he is eating he reminds me of the scene from the movie What About Bob when they are at the kitchen table eating dinner and Bob is moaning after every bite because he is enjoying his meal so much.  Austin does that and I just laugh and smile every time because it makes me think of that scene.  After we eat we head outside from our nightly stroll around the neighborhood at 8.  We do a mile loop and he just loves it.  Last night though was one of the cutest things I have seen.  It is funny because everything Austin seems to do is the cutest thing I have seen....anyways...we were finishing our walk on our street and I noticed that his head was kind of down and I stopped pushing the stroller and walked next to him and he had fallen asleep.  Adorable!!  I wish I had the camera with me but at least I have learned to bring it every where I go with him now.  After our walks we come inside and talk for a little bit on the kitchen counter.  After we are done talking we read our two favorite bedtime stories: Are you my Mother? and Dooby Dooby Moo.  After reading our stories dad usually gets home and we play with dad for a little bit until it is bath time.  After dad gives him his bath he eats one last time and then he is in his bed at 9:30 and doesn't wake up until 6 the next morning.  We have been so blessed with Austin and him being such a wonderful baby!  He truly makes me want to have 100 more but I think we have narrowed it down to just 3.  Haha.

No comments: