Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Austin's Auto Lesson

So yesterday was not the best day I have ever had because it was a rough day at work. It was all better though when I went and picked up Austin and got to play with him the rest of the evening. I guess my luck however hadn't turned yet because this morning when I went to drive to work I noticed that I had a flat tire. Luckily Austin and I were still in the neighborhood so we turned around and pulled in the garage since it was raining so that I could fix the flat. I called David to see if he could come home to help but he had a meeting that he could not get out of so he called his brother. While Austin and I were waiting for Uncle Mike I began to try to figure out how to jack up the car. After 20 minutes of figuring that out (and I was thinking that was going to be the hardest part...boy was I wrong) I began to jack the car up. Austin was sitting in his car seat and was getting a little hungry because he normally has had his bottle because he is normally at his school by this time so I held the bottle for him and continued jacking up the car hence where I feel the need to be called Super Mom...haha.  I really wish that someone could have seen the two of us because we would have been a sight to see.  So after I got the car jacked up I worked on getting the nut bolts off.  OH MY GOSH are those suckers on there!  My whole body was shaking trying to get them off and my legs the whole day felt like jell-o.  Uncle Mike got to our house right as I am loosing the last nut bolt so I let him finish the job while I went inside and changed shirts since I had a workout first thing in the morning.  When we were finished I made sure to ask Austin if he was paying attention because he got his first lesson in how to change a flat tire.  I explained to him that you are really supposed to have a hands on experience but we were going to start small.  I then dropped Austin off at his school and still made it to work before the kiddos were in the classroom.  I made a pit stop by my AP's office to apologize for my outfit and explain why I was dressed in our field day t-shirt.  She didn't care and just kind of laughed at me.  You would think that starting your day off with a flat would have ruined my entire day but instead I was all giddy and excited because I was so proud of myself...haha. (I chose to add to the post the picture of Austin in his car walker because I felt it was fitting to the post of learning how to fix a flat tire on a car.  Haha.)

No comments: