Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Perfect Date

So in my mind I have two evenings planned in my head of what a perfect date would be.  Of course an evening spent with my wonderful husband David going to dinner and a movie (as a matter of fact we have made that one of our New Year resolutions to at least once a month go on a date) and then there is a night spent with my little man Austin.  Last Friday, David had to go out of town for soccer and Austin and I had our own little date at our kitchen table.  It was very cute because he was eating what I was having: Rice-A-Roni, green beans, and ribs (he also had one of his jars of baby food).  Austin now must have something on his tray that he can feed himself or he will let you know very nicely (by screaming and hitting the spoon) that he wants something else.  Haha.  During our date I was trying to remind Austin of good manners to have on a date like using utensils, no burping at the table (if you do say excuse me), and no throwing food on the ground (although it is nice to help feed others...aka our dogs which have lately become Austin's new best friends because of what he throws to the ground).  I know it probably seems weird to say but it really was a perfect night just the two of us.  We did miss Daddy so we sent him a picture on his phone of eating like a big boy and letting him know that he was taking care of mommy while he was gone.  

No comments: