Wednesday, August 5, 2009

A way to a boy's HEART is through his...

So this week Austin and I have been going up to school to mainly just visit with the other teachers as trying to get something accomplished clearly is not going to happen especially due to the classroom antics he knows.  So today we went up there and were there from 9-12:30.  I knew Austin was tired and so of course as we start to drive home he starts to fall asleep.  Well David and I both when this happens try to keep him awake.  We usually just say his name, tickle his leg, or clap our hands.  Today that was NOT working.  He was tired.  So since nothing was working and I mean I was even banging one of those hand clapper things and at first it woke him up but then it was like he tuned it out I decided to pull out his snack container.  As soon as he heard me shake it he popped awake and was wanting some.  Haha.  It was the funniest thing because it was not nearly as loud as any of the banging I was doing but he knows the sound of his snack container and what is inside.  So not sure exactly what it means if your child can sleep through banging, clapping, and tickling but wake up when he hears food...oh wait I know WE ARE RAISING A BOY!  Silly boys!  So for enjoyment purposes just thought I would a picture of Austin enjoying some ice-cream.  
"That was good what else you got?"

No comments: