Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Valentines Day

I have to say I love being a mom to a boy and having a wonderful husband who can teach Austin how to treat his wife one day. I can't wait to have three boys' love! I must say I will be spoiled. So David and I decided we weren't going to do anything for Valentine's this year of course I follow the rules and he doesn't but I would be lying if I said I didn't LOVE what he got me. Saturday while I was getting my hair done and attending a bridal shower he took Austin to the mall to Build-A-Bear to "build" me a monkey. David had Austin record me a message which sounds something like this: David-"Say Mama" Austin-"Mama" David-"Say Love You" Austin- "Love You". So sweet! I will be honest and say that before I left for work on Monday morning after David had taken Austin to "school" I squeezed the monkey's hand to hear Austin's voice. David then took Austin to the Apple store because I got a new iPhone awhile back and never had a case for it so he let Austin pick one out and he did pretty good. For Austin's Valentine's present we took him to Meyer Park. He loves to be outside so it was a real treat for him! He of course loved it and came home and took a nap in his big boy bed while I painted in Hunter's room. When he woke up we let him paint a birdhouse that will be hung in the tree in Hunter's room. It was like Austin was making a valentine for his little brother. Below is a video of Austin painting the birdhouse. For him never having experience with a paint brush he seemed to know exactly what to do.

Austin adding the heart he kissed and pushing the pedal to add the stuffing to the monkey at Build-A-Bear.

Daddy and Austin checking out the geese by the pond at Meyer Park.

Austin's First Paint Touches on Hunter's Birdhouse

Austin Making Handprints on the House and Painting Himself

No comments: