Thursday, February 11, 2010

Hunter's First Real Spotlight

Well I can't believe that almost two months have past since I last posted something I guess that is what happens when you are pregnant, raising a toddler, and teaching 22 first graders...YOU GET TIRED ALL THE TIME! Haha. I have written about Hunter some on our blog but figured now with having just 10 weeks left he should get his first spotlight on here. Hunter started off my pregnancy with a scare as most of you know when at about 9 weeks I had a huge bleed and had to go to the ER. I never had anything like that with Austin so it was super scary. Come to find out I had what they called a subchorionic hemorrhage. It was a relief but added a bit of scare for awhile because of the complications that can sometimes result in it. Needless to say it went away on its own and everything was smooth sailing until the glucose test. Haha! I went in thinking if Hunter wants to end his journey with a bang I will have gestational diabetes. I had failed the one hour with Austin so was okay with that but went on to pass with Austin...Hunter not so much. I have started testing myself four times a day: when I wake up and then two hours after every meal. I have been recording my glucose levels and EVERYTHING that I eat which has actually become very interesting to see what is in food. Haha. I meet with a nutritionist this Friday so it will be interesting to hear what she has to say. So haven't really figured out what all this means about our little man that is growing inside of me with the "drama" of a subchorionic hemorrhage and gestational diabetes...my thoughts have been he wants to come into this world knowing he has a place and doesn't want Austin to have all the attention. Haha. Well I have attached a photo of Hunter's 3D ultrasound. I must say he is a cutie! So excited about having another boy running around our house.

No comments: