Thursday, April 22, 2010

Elmo guess whose TWO?

It is hard to believe that Austin is already two years old. Time sure does go by fast and as a parent you try your best to soak in everything because you realize quickly that everyday they are changing before your eyes. We did not plan a big party this year as we weren't sure when Hunter was going to be arriving and didn't want to have to bail on our own party to leave for the hospital. Haha. Instead we just had our parents over and David's Aunt Phyllis and Grammie who were in town. Hunter and I went to Party City the day before to get Elmo supplies...Austin LOVES Elmo. We got balloons, napkins, plates, and hats! I even made Austin an Elmo cupcake which I think turned out pretty cute I must say for having come up with the idea on my own. Friday night (the day before Austin's birthday) David and I stayed up putting his birthday present together: a train table. It would have been a sight to see I must say because towards the end David needed my help but I was nursing Hunter so of course being a second timer it was not a problem. I got down on the floor sat in the middle of the partly put together table with Hunter who didn't seem to mind and we helped daddy complete the table. Haha! We finished putting the whole thing together at around 1am. After I fed Hunter at 5am I decided to stay up while all my boys were sleeping and make pancakes for breakfast that I could reheat on the griddle. I was determined to still make Austin's day special! Now normally Austin will come in our room in the morning but instead he went straight to the living room and started playing with his train table. I looked at the monitor and didn't see him and then heard some noise in the living room so I woke up David and sure enough there he was standing at the corner of his table playing. Oh the memories he has given us! I love them all. We played all morning and into the afternoon with his table and then he went down for a nap. When he woke up everyone was at our house and we played outside, ate pizza and cake, and then opened presents. Overall I think it was a great birthday...he had fun and that is all that matters!

How it looked when we were done at 1am...
Where we found Austin in the morning...what a great memory!
Carrying all his choo-choos! (He looks so determined...haha)
Enjoying his birthday breakfast: pancakes with syrup and strawberries! Yum!
Family picture with our party hats on!
Homemade birthday cake with another Elmo.
Close up of Austin's birthday cake...I just love sprinkles!Austin's Elmo cupcake. I even asked Austin who it was and he said, "Elmo" so I guess I did pretty good. Haha!
Diving right in...
Yummy!

No comments: