Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day 2010

It is still hard for me to believe at times that I am a mother of two boys! It seems like just yesterday we were bringing Austin home from the hospital and adjusting and learning how to be parents. Where does the time go? Being a mom is truly AMAZING. I know at times I probably focus more on being a mom than other things but it's hard not to. Since Hunter has joined our family I feel like I did with Austin: wondering what did we do before Hunter got here? Haha. It seems normal to see Hunter swinging (or I guess I should say sleeping) in his swing, Austin sitting by me with books while Hunter is "eating", or Austin standing in the chair next to the pack-n-play handing me a diaper when Hunter needs a clean one. Mother's day was a perfect day but most days are around here because we are blessed (mostly me I think though). I have a great husband who does so much for our family. I have two boys that couldn't make me happier. I mean what more does a woman need? We spent Mother's Day at the house. Both boys went down for a nap around 10 which for Austin is NOT normal but I must say it was wonderful because I was able to take an early morning nap. David spent the entire morning preparing our "dinner": salsa/cheddar burgers and cream cheese stuffed jalapeƱos wrapped in bacon which he cooked on the grill. YUM! We had both our parents over and spent the afternoon outside playing with Austin, eating good food, and just hanging out with family! A perfect mother's day! I made sure David took a picture this year as the past two years I do not have a picture from mother's day and it makes me sad. Here a two of my favorites.

My Boys and Me.
Austin and Hunter in matching outfits!

No comments: