Monday, April 19, 2010

Hunter Ryan Colschen

Hunter Ryan Colschen was born on Saturday, April 10, 2010 at 9:42 am. He weighed 5lbs. 9oz. and was 19 inches tall! David was gone away for TWHS girls varsity state soccer game and when he called me Friday night to tell me goodnight I started to have some pains. I felt bad that he was going to miss the game and was more worried about it being a false alarm but it turned out it wasn't. David's mom came and stayed with Austin while he slept and my mom drove me to the hospital at around 1am I think. When I got there my blood pressure was elevated so they ran some more tests and it should that I had developed pre-eclampsia. At this point David had arrived which I believe was around 3am. The only cure for pre-eclampsia is delivery so they admitted me and induced my labor at around 5 or 6am. I was contracting but not regularly and still hadn't made any change in dilation and was still just at 3cm which I had been at for two
weeks. After getting sick I think it was three times (twice in triage) and once in our room I got an IV bag pumped in me and was set to have an epidural. I was getting sick because of the pain I was having due to the high blood pressure and other things that were going on because of that. My doctor was supposed to be at the hospital for a short while and arriving around 9:30 so my nurse and I were determined to have me ready to push by then. After having my epidural they broke my bag of water and we were on our way this was about 6am. The nurse came in at about 9 to check me and I was at 6cm. We thought we had time before Hunter would arrive....WRONG! At 9:20 I was sending David rushing out of the room because I felt like Hunter was going to be born without someone to catch him...yes I felt him coming out of me. Scary! The nurse came back in checked me and was like okay he is right there and sent someone to call the doctor to see where she was at. The nurse Kim who I will never forget was amazing and had me focus and breathe through the contractions until my doctor arrived and then shortly after she got there Hunter was born. The feeling is not different the second time around. It is still amazing and unforgettable. Austin came up shortly after and right away loved him and wanted to hold him and give him kisses. It was so sweet! Below are just a few pictures from that day.

Just born...
Getting weighed...
Mommy, Daddy, and Hunter
Brothers! (Austin giving Hunter a kiss)

No comments: