Sunday, March 21, 2010

Practicing for Hunter's Arrival

Austin "cheesing" with the baby. Doesn't he look like a natural?
Austin giving the "baby" a kiss.
David will probably kill me later at some point for this post but I couldn't resist sharing. He even asked me what I was doing when I sat down at the computer because he was sitting in the other room and I said updating the blog. He asked with what and I told him about Austin and his "baby". He said, "Babe we really don't have to go telling everyone about that!" Haha. We had been talking or I guess I should say I had been talking about getting Austin a "baby" since Christmas time. I never ended up getting him one because they don't make boy baby dolls. David's mom even tried to help talk up the idea by telling him that he had a practice "baby" when he was little before his brother arrived. David was still not to thrilled. Well the other night we went to dinner with my parents and my mom had gotten Austin a "baby". She thinking like a mom had the same idea and thought Austin would need one to help take care of when mommy is taking care of Hunter. It was a girl doll so this morning before David woke up I got it out (because David wanted it to be a boy "baby") and I took off the girl clothes and put on a baby boy outfit that David had actually gotten from the soccer team as a "gag" gift. It is just a little big but not to bad because it was a preemie outfit they had gotten him. So this morning Austin and I took care of the baby and put it "night-night". The video is of Austin putting the baby to sleep and at the end you can even see him pat the babies back to put it to sleep. So sweet! I guess we will see what happens when it is a real baby...because when daddy woke up and Austin showed daddy his "baby" and put it back to sleep by just throwing the "baby" in the cradle and walking away. I have to say though that David walked over and talked to Austin about how to treat the "baby" and showed Austin how to pat the "baby" so I guess he isn't to opposed to the idea. Hehe!

Austin putting his "baby" to sleep.

No comments: