Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Hunter's Weekend Adventure!

Pictures of our 33 week ultrasound (which was Wednesday, March 3, 2010) due to being a gestational diabetic to check his size. Measuring roughly 4.5 pounds and predicted to be bigger than Austin who was born 6.8 pounds.
His eyes are slightly open in this picture!
Little cuddle bug!
Well I guess Hunter wanted another post about himself so he had to do some antics. Friday morning while at work at around 9:30 I thought that I might be having some contractions. Of course me being the person that I am I just told myself everything was fine and continued working. We had a meeting at 2 that afternoon and a teammate asked if I was feeling any better and I said not really and started to get a little emotional (those dang hormones). Haha! I didn't call David till I was being driven home because I didn't want to freak him out. He was in Conroe coaching the girls soccer team and had actually driven the bus so a parent drove him to meet me at the hospital. By 5:30 I was sitting in triage being told yes you are having contractions and we are going to give you three doses of terbutaline to make them stop. The drug did not work and I was only able to be given two doses because of what it was doing to my heart rate so they admitted me and we stayed overnight both Friday and Saturday night. I was put on Magnesium Sulfate which for those of you who have never experienced that add it to your list of things NOT to do. Haha! I was also given two steroid shots just in case Hunter decides to make an early appearance to make sure his lungs are developed. I received the first shot Friday night at midnight and the second dose was to be given 24 hours later. I was not looking forward to the shot at all because it felt like well a horrible contraction during labor before you are given an epidural but I must say when you are drugged and feeling like I was you didn't feel it. I got released late Sunday morning and David and I went up to work not knowing what the future was going to be to prepare in case I am gone longer than planned. That evening when I went to lay down (when Hunter usually decides to go nuts) I realized I hadn't felt him move lately. I decided to eat some grapes and lay on my side...didn't work. Drank a juice box and laid on my side...didn't work. David and I both got concerned so I called the on-call number and asked if maybe he was just drugged like I was and that was why I wasn't feeling him. They told me to come back and get checked so at 11pm we headed back to our home away from home and we both heard the best sound in the world soon after we arrived...Hunter's heartbeat! What a ride we have had with this one starting from the 9 week ER visit, being diagnosed with gestational diabetes, and then having contractions and being admitted at 33 weeks! I have decided that Hunter must like attention and audiences. He also knows by hearing Austin that he has an older brother so I think he is ready to meet him and play. I can picture our house now!

Austin "cheesing" with mommy while sitting in triage being monitored.

No comments: