Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Priceless Home Decor

It is great now that summer is here. I am trying to find things for Austin to do so that we don't just sit around the house all day. I think he and I both would go a little crazy. Haha. So for our first adventure we went to Michael's so that we could buy a canvas to hang in our living room. Every year Austin paints a painting on a canvas that is an 8x10. Last years really turned out well considering he only used his hands but I must say I kind of like it better than this years. Haha. This year he used paint brushes but he kept telling me he wanted more paint which I was not going to put a stop to his creativity so I listened to the artists' request. Needless to say when he was all done all the colors sort of went together and became one nice color. Oh well! It is his artwork and he was proud of it so mommy loves it (I just like last years a little better). So in learning from this years painting when I decided to have Austin make a large painting on canvas for our living room I decided I would use my hair dryer to dry each color before starting the next. Austin didn't seem to mind, he got to use the colors he wanted, and mommy LOVES how it turned out.

A trip to Michaels with two kids: interesting. Especially since there shopping carts are half the size of normal ones. Haha!
A large canvas to paint on: $12.50
A painting made by your own child: PRICELESS!

Austin, Hunter, and I shopping for our materials.
The first coat.
The finished product hanging above our couch in the living room. (I painted his hands black to use his handprints as a border around the picture for a frame.)
A close up.

No comments: