Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Day 1: Our Summer Vacation

So I'm trying something new...going to document our daily life every day and post on our blog so that one day years from now we can remember these crazy but fun times in our lives.

Amelia started our day out by waking up around 3am. I pumped while feeding her and she went right back to sleep. Austin came out of our bedroom around 6:15 and laid on the couch by me. This caused Amelia to wake up so I picked her up and she feel back asleep. Austin "read" her his books until daddy came out to head to SCFL camp. Daddy hugged and kissed us goodbye and headed off to work.

Austin tried track camp and they started them off by running a full lap around the track which I think did him in. The rest of the camp was a battle and took a lot of encouraging to get him to participate. Ended on a good note because he and Hunter each got a snowcone! Amelia slept the whole time. (Sidenote: Austin wanted to be with his brother which was another problem in not wanting to do the camp. Austin wants to do everything with his little brother. Very sweet!)


After track camp we headed to Austin's swim lessons. Hunter, Amelia, and I stayed inside while Austin learned how to pull himself out of the pool by himself for the first time. He was scared at first but went on to do it by himself with a smile on his face several times.

Driving home Hunter fell asleep and Amelia cried the whole way. (Sidenote: Amelia usually cries in the car. Not a big fan of her carseat or the car. Makes me sad but being our third child I can handle it without sweating like I did when Austin would scream in the car as a baby.)

All three fell asleep quickly after we got home. I put Hunter to bed in his crib, made Austin lunch, and pumped while nursing Amelia. Then we all took naps.


Daddy even got in a catnap when he got home. Austin woke up when daddy got home and climbed onto him and slept some more.


Hunter woke up first and had a snack. Amelia woke up shortly afterwards. Then Austin and daddy woke up. Daddy tried to talk to Austin and get him excited about going back to track camp. Austin was sitting in his lap while Hunter grabbed a cup off the counter of Austin's that had orange juice in it and accidentally spilt it down the couch. Daddy "freaked out" and had to clean it up as I was pumping and nursing Amelia. Hunter later had to go to time out for throwing a toy car over his head which went into the kitchen. Looking for attention? I think so.

Daddy took Austin fishing at a pond in Uncle Mike and Aunt Lena's neighborhood. He reeled in his first fish all by himself. He ended up catching 6 fish all by himself. Makes me sad I missed it but both our boys got much needed one-on-one attention.


Hunter, Amelia, and I stayed at the house. Hunter cried when they left but I distracted him with food. (Sidenote: Hunter loves to eat. He would probably eat all day if we let him.)

Hunter playing at the table while eating dinner. More playing than eating tonight.


We played and then I gave Hunter a bath. Later he asked to go night-nite. Before bed he kissed Amelia good-night. Pure sweetness! After Hunter went to bed I spent some time with our baby girl.


Daddy and Austin brought home dinner. While getting tv trays set up Austin sat down by Amelia in her bouncy seat and kept saying "where's your tongue?" which made Amelia laugh. This was her first laugh and was so sweet! Wish I caught it on camera but another sweet memory my heart and mind will have to hold onto.

I got a shower in (Sidenote: important to document I got in a shower. It doesn't happen often these days.). Tomorrow I think I'm going to keep a diaper count. Haha! I know I changed Hunter 5 times 2 of which were dirty dirty. It's now 11:34pm and I think I'm going to get nurse Amelia and then call it a night.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: