Sunday, May 16, 2010

A Family of Four's FIRSTS of many...

ONE: May 2nd- A couple weekends ago we went to a birthday party for one of Austin's friends and Hunter came too. It was outside at a park and both kids were good. I have to say Hunter would get the 'award' for being the best behaved out of the two of them since he slept the whole time. Austin was his typical crazy independent man self. I swear that if we didn't have our eyes on that boy he would be on a bus headed somewhere without a care in the world that he left his parents behind. Haha. He ALWAYS will just walk off without looking back. It's kind of scary actually. Maybe I should be proud that he is so confident? Haha.

TWO: May 9th- Mother's Day weekend the four of us went to the grocery store to get some things for us to grill. I must say it was a little strange having a stroller and a shopping cart. Why you ask? Need I remind you about Austin's lack of concern for staying by us. He has to be in the cart buckled in. Haha. We can't just be a 'normal' family and have our child hold our hand and stay by us while we get a few things.

THREE: May 15th- Saturday afternoon we took a trip to Target. We needed to exchange some diapers that were given to us since they were Huggies and we use Pampers. We also kind of just wanted to get out of the house as well. So after we got the diapers we just wandered the store a little bit. It was a funny sight because we used the 'WIDE LOAD' shopping cart. The one that has the two seats in the front of the cart so that Hunter could be in his car seat and set where the child normally sits in the cart. Austin did pretty good but then wanted to get out so we told him he had to hold our hands. He did until we got to the toy section and he spotted the wire rack of balls. Thank goodness they keep those things caged in. Haha. We did have to leave the store with a new big red ball and an Elmo backpack.

FOUR: May 15th- Saturday night we headed out with both our boys and went to dinner at Rico's just the four of us. That is so weird to say! I remember sitting by David and saying this is our first time at a restaurant with both of our boys! It makes me feel proud to be able to say that. I think because I know I have a husband who is and will raise his boys to be a great man like he is. Hunter did great...slept the whole time. Austin did great too...I think it helped that we were seated at the table right by the man who was playing music. Haha! These days trying to get Austin to sit still for any amount of time is a struggle. He wants to go, go, go! (Is he his father's son?)

I guess we have a lot of "firsts" coming again. We are achieving those firsts a lot quicker this time around but I think it is because I've done this before. Tuesday we will see how a doctor's appointment with two boys who both have to get shots goes. David is hoping he can meet me there but I might be solo. Hmm...who to go first? I think Austin can go first and then give him a lollipop. Hunter can go second and get hugs and kisses! I hate these first shots where they can't get a lollipop.

Perfect date with three handsome boys at Rico's

No comments: