Thursday, July 8, 2010

Are we CRAZY?

Well on Wednesday Austin got his second big boy bed. Haha! I guess I should say Austin got his second and Hunter got his first. Yes believe it or not Austin already had a big boy bed but we decided to go ahead and get the bed we really wanted the kids to have but at the time didn't want to spend the money on. We went on Monday to Rooms-to-Go to look at the bunk bed and an entertainment center for our living room and ended up just getting the bunk bed. We had both boys with us so it was quite interesting to say the least. Haha! I have to admit David is so different and more relaxed now having two kids. Yes I used the word relaxed and David in the same sentence. Hard to believe I know. Well Austin of course wanted to hang out in the Rooms-to-Go Kids store so David and I took turns going and looking at the entertainment centers. Austin kept climbing up and sitting on the top bunk so we knew we had to get it. I guess you could say he was telling us we were making the right choice. As we are driving home David says, "Man that was an adventure.
Referring to the craziness of buying furniture with two kids. One who is 2 and ALL over the place and one who is almost 3 months old and was in a dirty diaper and hungry and crying as we are trying to pay and set up the delivery date. Anyways, he goes on to tell me that a little girl inside saved him as I took Hunter outside to try to calm him down. He then tells me that a little girl saw he was having 'troubles' with Austin and so the little girl sits down on the bench near them and David says, "Look she wants you to sit by her." (Again of course it is the girls who are the little "moms" and do what they are supposed to but thankfully this one wanted to be the "mom" for Austin.) So Austin goes and sits down by her and starts petting her hand David said. I asked, "Was she cute?" Haha. Like it matters she was keeping him in one place, but David says, "Ya, she was a cutie!" When he said that I thought to myself: Aww he said cutie...who knows maybe one day he will be saying that about our daughter. Although I would be fine and happy with another boy. Anyways...here's a picture of his new bed and one day bedroom set that he and Hunter will share. You can't tell but on the left hand side is stairs for him to get to the top bunk. That's what sold us...we thought it was pretty cool and so does Austin!
And yes we did buy this for our son who like I mentioned in the previous post likes to jump off everything. We have been really good about letting him know the only thing you do on the top bunk is go night night. I'm thinking maybe he understood as today he brought all of the pillows from the bottom bunk up to the top along with the monster bean bag. Haha!

No comments: